Unique Registry Must-Haves
Shopping for the perfect baby shower gift can be daunting, especially if the mom-to-be has a small, picked over registry. Sometimes you want to get something unique, that mom doesn’t know she needs yet, but something that she’s sure to appreciate. Sure, diapers are always going to get used and onesies will get worn, but why not think outside of the box, and get her something she’s sure to remember when filling out those thank you cards.
- Nightlight: Simple, yet highly effective, nightlights are handy for both baby and parents. Little ones can find peace of mind with a little bit of light in the dark, while mom and dad can see where they are stepping without turning the lights on and waking baby. Crane’s Glo Nightlights are are thoughtful option with light-up animal bellies that add a cute touch of character to the nursery.
- “Shushing” soundmaker: Bedtime can be the hardest time for new moms and babies as they find a sleep schedule (and feeding schedule). Baby Shusher mimics the sounds that baby heard when inside the womb, providing comfort and familiarity.
- Air Purifier: Air purifiers are an awesome addition to any room in your home for a variety of reasons. They help filter particles out of the air, such as dust, pollen and pet dander, while also working to eliminate common household odors. Every mom wants their baby breathing in clean air, which is why this also makes a great baby gift. If you know what mom has planned for the nursery theme, you can even get an adorable animal-themed children’s purifier.
- Humidifier: We’ve all had experiences where the air feels dry, drying up your throat and sinuses, and of course we don’t want little ones to experience that, making a humidifier another gift option. Humidifiers put cool mist into the air, promoting easy breathing and a better night’s sleep. In addition, the humidifier helps relieve coughing, cold and flu symptoms, as well as congested nasal passages, sinus irritations, dry skin, dry hair and more. As a baby gift, Crane offers adorable humidifiers in designs such as Penelope the Pig, Chauncey the Polar Pair and modern, teardrop-shaped designs.
- Baby Bath Pad: New experiences are scary for little ones, including bath time. Instead of placing baby into a hard plastic tub, the Blooming Bath Baby Bath offers a soft cushion for him or her to sit in as they get lathered with bubbles and warm suds. Available in a variety of colors, you can help celebrate whether it’s a boy or a girl, or finding a color that matches mom’s theme!
- Wipe Warmer: Just as with a hard bathtub, cold wipes can be jarring to a baby’s bottom, which is where something like the Munchkin Glow Wipe Warmer comes in handy. Mom can warm wipes prior to changing time, making sure baby is as comfortable as possible.
- Nursing bra: New moms often have to breastfeed or pump throughout the day, which is when a nursing bra becomes extremely important. A soft maternity bra will not only provide comfortable support, but will also allow her to feed and pump with ease.
- Training Spoons: Moms often have a set of baby bottles that they rely on, along with breastmilk or formula. However, in preparing for feeding baby during the early stages, they’re often not thinking about later on. Training spoons are a great gift idea to help prepare, such as the Olababy Silicone Training Spoons. Soft, flexible and easy to wash, the spoon doubles as a teether as well to feed and soothe him or her.
- Drying Rack: Soon enough, mom’s sink and counter will be overflowing with baby bottles, tops and pacifiers. To avoid handrying or laying out dish towels to dry everything, the Boon LAWN Countertop Drying Rack holds it all, leaving room for everything to breathe and dry thoroughly. To keep items separated and free up space for larger items, there are adorable add-ons to include with your gift, such as the STEM Drying Rack Accessory and TWIG Drying Rack Accessory.
- Teething Jewelry: A gift that’s thoughtful for both mom and baby is teething jewelry. Babies love to grasp anything they can and put it in their mouths, including mom’s jewelry. Teething Necklaces are a fun way for mom to dress up, while giving baby something to soothe his or her gums when being held.
These are just some options to consider when looking for the perfect, out-of-the-box registry gift. For more ideas and inspiration, look through the entire product offering that Crane has available, as well as previous posts on the blog!