I Love Cleaning My Humidifier
Said no one ever! We understand cleaning humidifiers isn’t exactly something anyone will rush home to do, but it is extremely important in order to maintain a healthy home. Crane tries to make it very easy to clean our humidifiers. We recommend they be cleaned at least once a week during the season and that the excess water be dumped out after each use to avoid bacteria growth.
Before storing your humidifier, it is highly recommended, mandatory if you will, to clean your humidifier and make sure that it is completely dry before storing. Let me repeat; please make sure your humidifier is 110% dry before putting it away when you’re not using it. This way you can make sure that your humidifier is ready to use when you need it! In case it’s been a while, here are the instructions:
- Dump out any excess water from the tank and base
- Put about 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 cups of water in both the tank and the base.
- In the tank, swish the vinegar and water solution around inside the tank. Dump out the solution, rinse with water.
- Set the tank aside with the cap off to completely air dry
- In the base, pour the solution carefully to avoid getting any of the vinegar and water solution in the fan vent.
- Allow to sit for about 20 minutes. Feel free to use a cotton swap to clean the tight areas of the base.
- Dump out the vinegar and water solution from the base and set aside until it is completely dry.
Do not store your humidifier in an area that could get damp to avoid moisture from collecting on the humidifier while you’re not using it. If you have any questions about cleaning or storing your humidifier, please contact customer care: 888-599-0992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our three lovely in house customer care representatives are happy to help you!